Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lille Baby Euro Tote






Lille Baby, Euro Tote ($120), wind proof and water repellant

Cradle Carrier- (up to 25 lb)
Bunting Bag- adjusts to baby's size
Stroller Bag- ideal for jogging or strolling
Play Blanket - a clean place to play, anywhere
Travel Bedding - a nest of familiarity and security










I love the idea of putting a baby in a bag, putting the straps over your shoulder and heading out the door. I must admit that I do have multiple pictures of the boys in shopping bags with their heads poking out. It is just so tempting as they are the perfect size! When I saw a product that was specifically created for this purpose, I knew I had to get my hands on one.




The Lille Baby Euro Tote ($120) not only lets you carry your baby in a sack without people thinking you are strange, but has four other uses as well. I love versatility in a product and this didn't let me down. The material is so soft and squishy on the inside and a more durable fabric on the outside. There are straps, zippers and an insert that sent me to the directions. It quickly made sense and I could experiment.

I tried the Moses carry with my youngest son, but he was over the suggested weight. Nonetheless, the swaddling straps calmed him down amazingly. His little head peered at the world from my shoulder bag. There is a stiff piece under the child to keep him in a healthy position. Another mother tried it with her younger child and it worked much better. He was cuddled in a warm hug and the mom looked stylish with him over her shoulder.




On our last cold snap, I used it in the car seat. I had to work a bit to get the straps through the slots while babe was in the bag, but I finally got him in and zipped up. There were no blankets to kick off and no huge coats to fasten the straps around. The straps fit over his body and then he was zipped.







I know there is some controversy about having any items in the car seat and also about bulky coats, but I don't let my car warm up very long and this seemed a workable solution. The website says you can then just unstrap the car seat and lift babe out for the shoulder carry- warm baby throughout the ride! (The EuroTote Moses Carrier fits directly into car seats (Crash tested- FMVSS 213). This allows you to simply unbuckle car seat harness straps and carry your baby with you.)






As my kiddos are a bit older, I didn't use the play mat or nap sack very often. They did like the material and rested in the sack for a while, but a mother of a younger child loved this. Her son seemed to burrow into the fabric with a smile. His mother also liked that he could lay on my floor without worry (I have three hairy dogs!). She liked the idea of carrying the child into a friends house and being able to unzip his cocoon so he could sleep a bit longer and then play without bringing out blankets.





The stroller bag was wonderful. My large 2 1/2 year old fit inside with winter clothing and boots. It was so nice to know he was snug as a bug on a cold walk. With my younger son, I used the clip to make the bag smaller and consequently warmer for him. The instructions say you can unzip the bottom to let muddy boots (or long limbs) out and unzip the top so it is just a cushy stroller liner. This was my favorite use!





Don't be put off by the price as it is one of the few items that can be used from birth to at least 2 1/2 years old. I give it my Alaskan Mom Approval for its versatility, creative construction, warmth, softness and durability. I hope to see you toting your babe around Anchorage soon!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for this post! We're expecting our first winter baby (the rest were born in spring) and this will answer for what we need. I saw this on amazon, but just couldn't picture how it would work.

    ReplyDelete