Friday, December 17, 2010

Baby Bond Review





(you are supposed to wear it more over your shoulder, but he was pulling on it and I pushed it up a bit too far pre-picture)

Baby Bond nursing cover
http://babybondnursing.com/main/

BabyBond Couture™ is adjustable creating a custom fit as your body changes after baby arrives. A hybrid between nursing top and belly band, it can be worn to nurse from the top or the bottom of your shirt so it works with your entire wardrobe. When worn like a sash, it functions like a nursing top. When worn like a belt, it functions like a belly band. Rolls up into self-storing pouch.

100% Cotton. Machine washable.
Made in USA.
$35


I have two sons and exclusively breastfed both kids. They are 15 months apart and I had some wonderful time of tandem nursing as well. While my older son stopped nursing at about 26 months, my younger son is still going strong. I was able to try out many methods for getting a little privacy while nursing in public. I like that this product does not cover the baby as the apron type covers do in a very unstylish way, but still lets the baby breathe and see what is happening in the vicinity.

I had some difficulties using this for the first time as I didn't see the instructions nicely sewn into the inside. For the shoulder it was draped over, I was using the wrong breast. This was easily remedied and I had no other problems during the testing phase.

The Baby Bond Couture is basically a long sash that has a doubled section where you pull the end of the sash through to secure it. You can pull this section apart leaving a slit between the two pieces of fabric for your babe to latch on and nurse. You can also wrap it around your belly, pulling the end through the loop and tightening it so you can lift up your shirt for nursing without exposing your six pack abs.

I often wear a nursing tank top, but have to wear a cardigan as it exposes my entire chest when the flap is detached. The Baby Bond allows me to have minimal chest flesh exposed and not give impromptu anatomy lessons to onlookers. I also liked not freezing my belly when giving my son a little lunch along a ski trail. I wrapped the Baby Bond around the top of my pants and pulled it up to keep the breeze and snow off of my skin.

The material is soft and stretchy (and washed just fine!) My son liked to grab a bit in his hand, rubbing it between his fingers during nursing! It comes in soft and modern colors as well. The Couture is priced at $35.00. This is in line with other nursing covers and this one does double duty. I am not a very modest person when it comes to nursing, so I don't know if I would have purchased this for myself with my first son. I would have definitely placed this on my registry though!

It is an item that any breast feeding mother can use with ease. I rolled it up and tossed it into my diaper bag. You can watch your child nursing and see how his is latching and feeding. The child isn't encumbered by a large section of fabric from which he always wants to leave. You don't have to choose between duckies or light blue stripes for your apron either. Your womanly assists stay covered in a modern and stylish way!

The company also offers two other models which look equally ingenious and useful. Take a look at their sight and see videos for use, the other models and their wonderful color selections. I also like that the impetus behind the Baby Bond's development was to maintain the connection and eye contact between mother and child during feedings. This product is in line with attachment parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment