Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Potette Plus



I can't wait until September!  Tuesdays are for running through the woods with the  Bonny Sosa Tuesday Night Race Series.  Each week starts at a different location and it is only $5 to run a short distance with the Munchkin division or try to find your way on a long course in the Lightening Division.  I push or carry the kiddos in the Munchkin League and it is so much fun to watch little kiddos run.  They end up walking, crab crawling (the father was so not amused), picking flowers, going the wrong way and taking bathroom breaks.  It seems that one child stops to pee and each consecutive child also feels the urge.  There are toddlers behind every tree and parents trying to lure children back to the trail (and race!).

I am not opposed to children answering the call of nature behind a tree or in a nice bush, but that is a bit frowned upon at parks and neighborhood playgrounds.  Thank you Kalencom!  They sent me a Potette Plus so the Skedaddle Kids can continue their potty training when out and about on the town.

This can be an actual potty with a disposable liner or a ring to prevent a child from falling into an adult sized potty.  Before my children started potty training, I thought this was a frivolous invention.  I am now in full potty training mode and think this is wonderful!  I don't have to search out parks with Port-a-Pottys or hope there is a restaurant near by the playground.

The clean up is so easy and there is a plastic carrying bag for the actual potty.  I had some trouble attaching the liner the first time, but I now don't have trouble pulling the two handles over the potty's legs.  The bag can turn inside itself for easy and clean tossing (much like a doggy clean up bag).  The legs click flat and I have used it easily on Port-a-Pottys as my boy wants "privacy" while doing his business and I don't have to worry about losing him down the hold with this life ring.

I am impressed with this device and it is priced very well at $15 (you can get 10 liners for $5).  You can find it at most stores (they just started carrying it in Coatia as well!) and online.  The chairs come in different color combinations and work for both my 20 month old and almost 3 year old. While it is made of plastic, it is durable and can be handed down (after a good Clorox bath!).

I give this my Alaskan Mom Approval as it lets us be "civilized" when needed, play longer outside and get one step closer to a diaper free existence which makes hiking and camping so much easier!  Thank you Kalencom!

No comments:

Post a Comment