Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wild Carrot Herbals





http://www.wildcarrotherbals.com/

"We want you to know that by choosing our products you are contributing to a family run business, a local economy, sustainable and healthful farming practices."

I am a sucker for great packaging. I love it when things from Etsy come wrapped with raffia or a store layers my new shirt with tissue paper. It just makes me a bit tingly and feeling quite special. When my little parcel from Wild Carrot Herbals arrived, I felt simply giddy.




Each little jar was in a small recycled cardboard cylinder with lid. It is such artistic presentation and her business cards are equally beautiful.



While Wild Carrot had me at the packaging, their products did not disappoint. I was sent four items for review and they all has the same effect on me (I almost forgot the lip balm as it is in my bag!) The smell was intoxicating and not overpoweringly botanical like other herbal sales. The texture was hydrating and slippery without a greasy residue.





They offer lotions, body butters, toners, and creams for adults with lines for men and women. They also have a few items with their logo and the cadet hat couldn't be cuter! The Baby carrot line provides everything babes could need with excema cream, butt balm, chest rub and more.



I used the eczema cream on my youngest kiddo's dry patches. It is thick enough to really stay put and soak in the skin, but easy to rub and move when needed. It only took one application to notice the patch softening. It also was effective at soothing my older son's chapped cheeks (facial) after an extended snow fishing expedition in the back yard (he has a wonderful imagination). I rubbed the butt balm into the red creases of my younger son after a string of bad diapers and it seemed to lessen the irritation quickly. I used the healing salve into a scratch from a dog not wanting to get her nails clipped and it is keeping it from cracking and reopening. While I have not used the chest rub yet, the smell is like the vapor rubs without the medicinal after tones. It seems a great texture for a chest massage for our next congested cold.



I like that the company uses as many home grown botanicals as possible and makes the items in small batches. The husband and wife team developed the recipes themselves and have degrees in organic farming. Wild Carrot produces a quality product, but doesn't sacrifice the company's goal "to create honest, nutrient-dense, joyful products that are reasonably priced for the entire family." How could you not want to support this type of business?

No comments:

Post a Comment