Friday, December 17, 2010

Elmer Fudd Hat

This hat was a gift for my older son, but it was passed down to my younger boy when it was outgrown and a larger size purchased.  I didn't pass it down just so I could have two of the cutest little hunters ever (but I do!), but for its warmth.

This little hat sells for $20 and is made from warm and cozy fleece.  The flaps keep ears, cheeks and chins hidden from cold and wind.  The velcro is strong, but doesn't scratch baby skin.Neither child successfully wrangled it from their heads with the velcro fastened.  You can also velcro the flaps up on top of the head when not needed.  I used it all winter and if extremely cold, it fits nicely under a coat's hood for added warmth.

This link will take you straight to the shop, but you can often find warm memories at craft and gift shows in Alaska.  They make many other styles, but I think this is the most practical and attractive!

No comments:

Post a Comment